Building Control

Building Regulations approval is different to planning permission – you may need both. Whereas planning permission looks to guide the way our towns and cities develop and grow, Building Regulations set the requirements to ensure the health and safety of the individuals occupying these developments. For many types of building work, Building Regulation approval will be required. Quadrant Building Control exist to ensure that these increasingly complicated Building Regulations are adhered to.

Quadrant can provide Building Regulations approval for your project in place of the Local Authority. We issue a full approval without paying any fees to the local council or gaining approval from their Building Regulations team. Quadrant has much experience working with residential clients to ensure complicated Building Regulations are adhered to. This is true for both new build properties as well as extension work and alterations.

Each project Quadrant works on is assigned a project manager. Our project managers are here to keep you informed and to guide you through the process and the successful completion of your building works. If you need advice on how to proceed with your build, you can feel assured that we have experienced project managers who are more than happy to work with you to complete your project.

The earlier you contact us the better, so if you are looking to build a new property or are looking to make amendments to an existing estate, then do contact us at the earliest opportunity. We can work with you from planning to completion to ensure the smooth operation of your building works.To improve customer engagement, we have now incorporated a quick quote system into our website which enables you to upload your plans.

We pride ourselves on providing a first-class building control service that is:

  • tailored to your needs
  • straightforward
  • prompt, proactive, practical
  • experienced and professional

Energy services

In addition to our core Building Control service, we offer the full range of domestic energy use assessments. These are used to assess the energy performance of individual dwellings.


  • New build house and flats – Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) calculations and Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
  • Conversion to create houses and flats – EPCs
  • Domestic extensions – SAP calculations to help justify non-compliance with the prescriptive requirements of Approved Document L2b