Building Regulations Part L ChangesMarch 10, 2014 9:36 am
Part L of the Building Regulations (Conservation of Fuel and Power) is changing again for schemes in England, with effect from 6 April 2014.
Current schemes can still go ahead and be built to the current 2010 standards provided that the following transitional provisions are met:
- An Initial Notice is submitted before 6 April 2014, and
- Works on site commence before 6 April 2015
The implications for missing these deadlines (and building to the new standards) are:
- Non-domestic new build – 9% more efficient than current
- Domestic new build – 6% more efficient than current
- Fabric Energy Efficiency Standards (FEES) are to be introduced, to ensure good levels of fabric insulation – a ‘fabric first’ approach
If you would like to talk to us about pre-registering your current schemes by submitting an Initial Notice and taking advantage of the transitional provision then please contact us on 01780 460464, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categorised in: News